Sunday, February 13, 2011

More Cashmere goodness and Kim Hargreaves

It's been quite a weekend! Gerry had a mountain biking accident yesterday morning while riding a race, and to cut a long story short...he has fractured his right scapula (shoulder blade), and ribs. He has also damaged parts of his actual shoulder joint, and of course scraped off skin etc... so he is currently immobilized and in a great deal of pain, but wants to go to work tomorrow...
If you know Gerry at all, this will not come as a surprise to you... :)



Other than that, some goodies arrived this week. Kim Hargreaves is my favourite knitwear designer, I simply love ALL her designs, and it's such a pleasure to browse through Rowan books and magazines, as they are beautifully photographed and put together.



My cashmere yarn arrived as well. The red is a pure cashmere, and is so deliciously soft and squishy, all I want to do is touch it. I am not sure what I should make yet...I have 4 balls of this bright pillarbox red, so I could make something more than just fingerless mittens (which I love to knit...). Any suggestions?


I also ordered some charcoal cashmere for my oldest daughter. Winter is coming soon and I need to make her some fingerless mittens for school. The yarn is also pure cashmere, and I will make a cabled patterned design, I think...

I have already cast on... :)

Have a good evening,

No comments:

Post a Comment